Monday, January 10, 2011

Hair Done, Nails Done

Happy New Year!!! It's taken a few tries, but I am finally able to get in there and up-date this bad gurl. There have been a few obstacles in the way, such as hang overs, work schedules, catching roommies thieving and sheer laziness. All right, Pennyfeather, we've got some catching up to do! "Meow!"


This is Meredith! She's a new friend I've made by way of Abby Rock. Here she is imitating the stance of some old guy on a horse named Paul Revere. One if by land, two if by sea!!


Here's the New Year's weave! That's some high class art behind me. It's called a bathroom wall.


New Year's eve day I marched my way down to Cherry's Unisex Salon. Located in the heart of Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn, this place was already buzzing at 11:30. Sigh. I knew this was going to be a wait. I was supposed to be there at 10:30, but due to missing the bus, getting lost in some CRAZY mini-mall with WAY too many exit only signs (wtf), and being really stoned, and having to pick up the hair for the 'do, I was late. Oh, Mimi, what have you done?
I plopped down in a chair and and took a look around at what the other ladies are getting done. Hair creations!! The smiles and attitudes are almost payment enough for the  stylists that work here.
This time around, I wanted something with a little more length. I also had the urge to start playing with color. Side bang, with pink high-lights and layers? Yummy! Ms. Cherry herself was going to do my weave today! Ms. Cherry owns the salon, hence the name. A lovely lady from Jamaica, she's got her eye on everything that going on. I couldn't get a picture of her this time because she was pressed for time,

After a wash & dry, the beautification program began. I'm still growing the sides out from the lovely Mohawk, so we went with the stocking cap method. Ms. Cherry slapped a black stocking cap made for this purpose on my noggin. Not my photo, but is what it looks like: stocking cap 'do.  Tracks get glued on like so much macaroni in first grade. A little while later Ms. Cherry can begin styling and doing that thing that she does. A hair dream comes true!!. I glide out the door feeling as light as a feather. I didn't have intentions of going out this New Years, but God damn, I look and feel amazing. Delicious!

Unfortunately I rang in the New Year with the worst manicure ever. Ooof. Cracked this and broken that. I didn't have hands, I had claws!! Oh, sorrow! I promptly went to this little salon in Bushwhack (spell check is funny!), Brooklyn. Century Nail, located on Grand St, is one of those bootsy salons but they do such a good job with silk wraps. They also have a cute selection of nail art, but there is rarely new art. Oh, we'll fix that by getting some killer nail art done by my girl, Fleury Rose.  I've gotten some skull and crossbones, ice cream cones ( nom) and even Totoro! She's blowing up!!: Blood Rose Nails. Due, to my high impact gesturing and work, only one nail was deemed photo worthy. Pout. Anchors away! Little rhinestones! Thanks Fleury!



Next time on this channel, we'll be focusing on some fashions. My closet is bored with me. I need to beg her for forgiveness. Shopping!!

That should about cover it, huh, Pennyfeather? "Purrr...."

No comments:

Post a Comment